Re: Status and whats the staus?

From: "Jeff Waugh" <jdub perkypants org>
> <quote who="Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller">

> > > This is probably not a huge priority, Gnotices (in its current
form)
> > > will disappear at some stage.
> >
> > Why? I mean do we really have something objectivly better available
or is
> > this just one of those endles php vs. python discussions
resurfacing?

> A fully integrated news feed that lets all of the various sub-feeds
flow
> into the main news system. Thus, everything from the GUP area to the
> Foundation site can have news feeds that optionally display on the
main
> area.

In my view, this is the most golden aspect of the web site re-design.
Our news feed should be moldable for all sorts of audiences, with each
area essentially getting its own customized news feed.

The backside authoring stuff is just as important. Not sure where you
guys are headed with this, but I'd like to see story submittals via web
form, with a full moderation scheme. (Much more restrictive than
SlashDot, but free to those that don't abuse.) Plain text or HTML.

But since I know nothing of back-end architecture stuff, I'll stop
there.

Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]