Re: Status and whats the staus?

<quote who="Steve Hall">

> In my view, this is the most golden aspect of the web site re-design.
> Our news feed should be moldable for all sorts of audiences, with each
> area essentially getting its own customized news feed.

Yeah, it will be pretty cool. Plus you can hit a central page that has *all*
of the news on it, not just the stuff for each section, or the stuff deemed
as "news.gnome.org" worthy.

> The backside authoring stuff is just as important. Not sure where you
> guys are headed with this, but I'd like to see story submittals via web
> form, with a full moderation scheme. (Much more restrictive than
> SlashDot, but free to those that don't abuse.) Plain text or HTML.

Yes to everything except the user-moderation. There's a bunch of people who
do moderation for it already, before posts even appear. It would have to
work rather like the current system. (Squish is very good in this respect.)

             It's not just a song! It's a document of my life!