Re: Status and whats the staus?

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 23:15, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > As for Gnotices there are a few issues I hope Michael Bernstein or
> > someone else can look at soon.
> >
> > The first issue might not really be a Squishdot problem, but the
> > updating of story headlines to www.gnome.org often fails in the sense
> > that the headlines disapear from the frontpage.
>
> This is probably not a huge priority, Gnotices (in its current form) will
> disappear at some stage.

Why? I mean do we really have something objectivly better available or
is this just one of those endles php vs. python discussions resurfacing?

> > The next issue is getting a proper calendar in place, the current one
> > viewable on the Gnotices site points to a old and very outdated page at
> > Martin Bauligs homepage. There is also a calendar in GNOME CVS which is
> > not very well maintained. Think a calendar where everyone can submit
> > events through a web interface (with moderation) is what we need.
>
> Part of the new news system does this, but I'll have a look at the code
> already in CVS. Whereabouts is it?
It is just  a static webpage

> > We also still need a search engine set up on www.gnome.org.
>
> Is this a huge priority if we're basically going to pull it all out and
> start again anyway?
Yes, we need searching before, during and after the updates. And judging by our
current rate of website updating I don't think waiting for 'something'
is a winner.