Status and whats the staus?

Hi people,
While we have been irc some I thought we should do a more formal
status update and list some challenges.

First of all drfickle is making good progress on the new software map
and hopefully it be fully operational in the next 14 days.

Not sure if we have had any real movement on the new site design
recently, digitect do you have an update for us?

As for Gnotices there are a few issues I hope Michael Bernstein or
someone else can look at soon.

The first issue might not really be a Squishdot problem, but the
updating of story headlines to www.gnome.org often fails in the sense
that the headlines disapear from the frontpage.

The next issue is getting a proper calendar in place, the current one
viewable on the Gnotices site points to a old and very outdated page at
Martin Bauligs homepage. There is also a calendar in GNOME CVS which is
not very well maintained. Think a calendar where everyone can submit
events through a web interface (with moderation) is what we need.

We also still need a search engine set up on www.gnome.org.

Christian