Re: Forming GNOME-UK

Magnus Therning wrote:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 14:04:47 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 11:51 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:04:37 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
Bastien Nocera wrote:
<snip>
[de-lurking...]

Looking only to include major contributors might suggest that GNOME is
Nowhere is written major contributors. It's people who made
"significant" contributions.

I'm not a native English speaker, which might explain some of the fuss
I've created, but "major" and "significant", when it comes to
contributions, mean pretty much the same to me.

After reading the section about becomming a member of the GNOME
Foundation it seems that I expect more from "significant" than they do
:-)

You are correct; a "significant contribution" would probably be the same as a major one. However, the working-rule for the GNOME foundation is really "non-trivial contribution" (regardless of whether this is what it actually says on paper; I don't see "significant contribution" anywhere, but I only scanned quickly).

--
Andrew