Forming GNOME-UK (was Re: LUGRadio / GUADEC catchup)

Paul Cooper wrote:
[...]
* Thomas: Investigate setting up Gnome-UK as a club / registered charity / NFP so we can get a bank account and other infrastructure ready.
I'd be particularly interested if anyone can shed some light on how debian-uk set up their account, and how they operate in this regard.

From what I have gathered so far, we need either a document outlining our "Rules and Constitution" or instead, a "Memorandum and Articles of Association". At the very least we need a letter to confirm the organisation's aims and objectives, and to confirm that we are a non-profit making organisation. We will also have to have an appointed treasurer who will be able to deal with all the accounts. Appointing a treasurer obviously means we will have to have some sort of process, and inevitably some sort of eligibility to contribute to the process.

Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or comments on how they would like to see the process of officially forming the organisation proceed? I would especially like to encourage anyone on this list to get involved in this process. It will not be successful unless the organisation sets out to achieve what people want it to do!

-Thomas