Re: Forming GNOME-UK (was Re: LUGRadio / GUADEC catchup)

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 16:21 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Paul Cooper wrote:
> > [...]
> > * Thomas: Investigate setting up Gnome-UK as a club / registered charity / NFP so we can get a bank account and other infrastructure ready.
> >
> I'd be particularly interested if anyone can shed some light on how
> debian-uk set up their account, and how they operate in this regard.
>
>  From what I have gathered so far, we need either a document outlining
> our "Rules and Constitution" or instead, a "Memorandum and Articles of
> Association". At the very least we need a letter to confirm the
> organisation's aims and objectives, and to confirm that we are a
> non-profit making organisation. We will also have to have an appointed
> treasurer who will be able to deal with all the accounts. Appointing a
> treasurer obviously means we will have to have some sort of process, and
> inevitably some sort of eligibility to contribute to the process.

My contribution to this is not going to be that great, as I have no idea
about setting up an association.

For the eligibility, it should be easy: piggy-back on the GNOME
Foundation membership (hoping that everyone that needs to be in the
GNOME-UK association is in the GNOME Foundation, otherwise it'll get
messy).

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>