Re: [gnome-love] Re: Re: anyone wanna help with gnome-backgrounds

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 21:39, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> > Currently you use the words "Background", "Wallpaper" and "Image" in the
> > same dialog. The terminology must be clear and consistent. If i'm not
> > mistaken the word "Wallpaper" refers to an image used as background
> > therefore your use of "Wallpaper Colors" would suggest that the color
> > scheme of the selected wallpaper/image could be changed. I think that
> > this string should be changed to "Background Colors".
> >
> > The "Select a Random Image" string should be changed to "Select a Random
> > Wallpaper" and the dialog also needs correct grouping. Meaning that the
> > "Select a Random Wallpaper" should be moved up and be placed before the
> > "Background Colors" thingie because it's related to the wallpaper
> > settings and not the background colors.
>
> Done and Done. Go reload it. :)

I've been thinking .. is it so wise to store a list of a user's
wallpaper.. what about users who have a collection of 100+ wallpaper,
that would be a very long list.. How should this be handled? Should a
limit be set and when the number of wallpapers exceed this limit, FIFO
(First In First Out) is used to determine the wallpapers to remove?

-- Ramzi