Re: [gnome-love] Re: Re: anyone wanna help with gnome-backgrounds

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 20:17, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> > * Is there an issue with using "Add Image(s)"? Cus "Add Images"
> > kinda implies that you have to add more than one..
>
> Yes. The parens take up too much space in the buttons. It also implies
> that *we* have no clue what the fuck we are talking about, and just
> promotes confusion to the user. I really don't think we should have the
> term "Image" in the buttons at all.
>
> Ah. I love English sometimes. "Wallpaper" is both singular and plural.
> Put a new image up. This looks even better. :)
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~dobey/gnome-background-properties.png
>
> -- dobey

Currently you use the words "Background", "Wallpaper" and "Image" in the
same dialog. The terminology must be clear and consistent. If i'm not
mistaken the word "Wallpaper" refers to an image used as background
therefore your use of "Wallpaper Colors" would suggest that the color
scheme of the selected wallpaper/image could be changed. I think that
this string should be changed to "Background Colors".

The "Select a Random Image" string should be changed to "Select a Random
Wallpaper" and the dialog also needs correct grouping. Meaning that the
"Select a Random Wallpaper" should be moved up and be placed before the
"Background Colors" thingie because it's related to the wallpaper
settings and not the background colors.

-- Ramzi