Re: Hotkeys vs. Mouse

> I am one of those users(who like using their mouse when switching apps,
> rarely use the alt-tab). The reason for this is if I have a focused
> application where it was using several keys in the keyboard as a hot key, it
> might be that hot keys will create conflicts in applications as I have
> experience in Windows. I might be wrong, but that is my perception as of
> this moment for not using the hot keys.

as far as mouse usage goes, people have complained ~ i actually
haven't used a mouse in a couple of years (at home, anyway).
But with a mouse in Gnome-shell you should be able to just move your
mouse to the top-left corner, to enter activities and get an overview
of your applications and desktops. (this is much more difficult with
my Stylus, as it's hard to use hot-corners).

As far as conflicts, i don't think that is a big concern. Gnome 3 has
very extensive customization of your hotkeys - so i am sure you can
tune them anyway you like, while also avoiding any conflicts. I
wouldn't worry too much about that one.

jordan