Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 18:25 +0200, David Prieto wrote:
> Denys,
>
>         Having suddenly to learn a new UI is not what I planned to do
>         this
>         weekend. I have some other work to do.
>
> You do realize that you've spent more time complaining on the ML than
> it would have taken you to learn the new UI, right?

Not a valid argument. A million or so of future Fedora 15 users will
need to go through the same thing when they upgrade.

Perhaps we should ask Ubuntu how the experience of moving to Unity worked for them.  Ubuntu's popularity pretty much exceeds just about every other distros out there.  Unity is even more different than GNOME 3 is arguably.

I think most people are fairly saavy about what they'll expect.  I assume that Fedora is advertising GNOME 3?  For instance, Adam and I both did a session on GNOME 3 and Fedora 15 at a recent Linux conference this past weekend.  There hasn't been that many questions out of those sessions regarding the UI.

Your statement does not take into account that GNOME has spent a large amount of time marketing GNOME 3 through social networks, press releases, magazine articles and so forth.  It is also well known that Fedora uses GNOME as a default.  So I think by now people are aware that change is coming.

sri