Re: Why do XTerms behave so badly in the Gnome Shell?

"Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net>
writes:

> Let's try something else:
>
> open up an xterm, use xprop to inspect the WM_CLASS
>
> $ xprop WM_CLASS
> ... click on xterm ...
>
> Now:
>
> $ ls /usr/share/applications/*xterm*.desktop
>
> Do the two filenames match?

md5i@maru:/usr/local/home/md5i$ xprop WM_CLASS
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "xterm", "XTerm"
md5i@maru:/usr/local/home/md5i$ ls /usr/share/applications/*xterm*.desktop
/usr/share/applications/debian-uxterm.desktop
/usr/share/applications/debian-xterm.desktop

I tried this with both a xterm I started from the command line, and one
I ran by clicking on the xterm icon in the applications view.  The class
was the same in both instances.