Re: Gnome Message Tray

That fade is done by St.ScrollView. Simply apply -st-vfade-offset to the St.ScrollView and it should work.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:53 PM, bijan binaee <bijanbina gmail com> wrote:
Thanks Jasper

my aim is write a long text on screen with gnome extension.
now my problem is i want use the text fading effect that use in message tray like what i highlight in the bottom image

how can i do this or how can i find this effect code
is it in the message tray code?

image.png

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:09 AM, bijan binaee <bijanbina gmail com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm searching for the source code of Message Tray in gnome 3

js/ui/messageTray.js

> also i have some questions:
>
> 1. is Message Tray and libnotify the same project

No. libnotify allows applications to use notifications. It then
marshals the notification over DBus. The message tray installs a DBus
object that listens for libnotify notifications. The message tray
shows these messages, among other things (telepathy chats).

> 2. how can i import text hiding from "Message Tray" project to an extension?

If you mean the missing banner, this is a special trick that's done
with a Shell.GenericContainer.

> Regards
> Bijan Binaee

  Jasper

--
  • امروز عمل است و حسابی در کار نیست فردا حساب است و عملی در کار نیست