Re: Why do XTerms behave so badly in the Gnome Shell?

Just checked, and it works properly here.

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i md5i com> wrote:
> Slowly but surely, I am getting used to the Gnome Shell and the way it
> works.  However, one major problem I am having is with the lowly XTerm.
> Unlike most programs, I cannot Ctrl-click on the icon in the dash and
> get a new instance of an XTerm.  Also, when I have many XTerms, I get a
> separate instance in the dash for each, unlike other programs.

This means the app tracking isn't working. Try something like this in
the looking glass and tell me what it says (make sure that all your
xterm windows have "xterm" somewhere in the title!):

Shell.WindowTracker.get_default().get_window_app([x for each(x in
global.get_window_actors()) if
(x.meta_window.get_title().indexOf("xterm") >
0)][0].meta_window).get_id()