Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 19:00 +0000, JB wrote:

> > > Here we go.
> > > Finally you let the blood and admitted who is your master.
> >
> > Erm...what?
>
> That is just another way of saying "you showed your true colors" :-)

If I entirely understood what implication you were aiming for, I'm sure
I'd resent it. I don't really have a dog in this fight, I don't work on
GNOME Shell. I'm just trying to help you understand its design, since
you clearly don't, and you don't seem to want to go and read the design
docs as I already suggested you do.

> > Can you please stop ending your mails with lines like this? It comes
> > across as condescending and overbearing. Your point of view is not the
> > only one; you can't expect to just state it and have everyone else 'get
> > it' and fall into line, kowtowing.
>
> Nothing personal, Adam.

Sorry, but telling someone to 'get it' is personal, whether you intended
it that way or not. I'm happy to accept that you didn't, but I'd still
suggest not doing it in future.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey