Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

Mark Curtis <merkinman@...> writes:

> > I really think that the new menu system is a prank.> Put brown bags over your
> > heads and get over it > Fix it (see above how) and you will be lovely and
> > "reliable" geeks again ...
> > JB

> You don't want them to 'fix' it, as you haven't provided any solutions.You
want > them to never change the UI, even though the world has changed since
GNOME 2.X > came out 9 years ago.

Mark,

go to my original post and re-read my description of what I found wrong as
a user.
Their new menu system is the old GNOME 2 menu system, hidden below artificial
and unneeded Activities plus Windows and Applications menu items.
It did not contribute anything useful, only introduced difficulty with
managing windows and getting access to those hidden menus underneath them.
If we techies bark at something dysfunctional like that, what can we expect
from non technical business end users, who just want to do their task easily
 and the way they used to do it ?

JB