Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

Adam Williamson <awilliam@...> writes:

> What exactly is it that you _mean_ when you say 'artificial'?

I mean it does not belong there, it is not a product of a natural need as
a result of using menu system in GNOME.
We have been doing it for 20-30 years with a menu that functionally started
with Applications and Systems as a top menu.
GNOME not only introduced something unneeded on top of that, they also
redefined standard terms like Applications and System.

I already described it in my original post.
Adam, go there, read it, and get it.

> As has been noted, this is very familiar to anyone who uses a smartphone
> interface; they do much the same thing.

Here we go.
Finally you let the blood and admitted who is your master.

This is what A.C. already described on Fedora users list as a niche GNOME
wants to subscribe to.
At least he suspects so now, and predicts marginalization of GNOME.
He has a good nose ... :-)
I sometimes argue with him, but I respect him.

Smart phones are not the same as Fedora and RH enterprise servers,
workstations, PCs, notebooks.
They have different kind of hardware, software, and graphical desktop
environments.
Get it, "smart things" aficionado :-)

JB