Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

2011/4/5 JB <jb 1234abcd gmail com>:
> Before we ask non-technical business end users to get lost and write some
> extensions to fix problems GNOME 3 delivered to them, there is still a hope
> that GNOME devs fix the menu systems themselves.
> It can be done by anchoring back the new GNOME 3 menu system (minus silly
> Activities and Windows, Application sub-menu items) on a fully functional
> panel. Bingo. I trust they can do that with one finger, right ? :-)
>[...]
> I really think that the new menu system is a prank.
> Put brown bags over your heads and get over it :-)
> Fix it (see above how) and you will be lovely and "reliable" geeks again ...

What's the problem? As Olav and Florian (Müllner) already said: This
can be done by yourself:

Florian Müllner wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 16:13 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:55:05AM -0400, G. Michael Carter wrote:
> > > With this in mind it might be helpful to be able to select the fallback
> > > screen as a default for those who just aren't ready to take the plunge.
> >
> > That is possible. Such an option was added (just don't know where).
> That's because it's fairly well hidden (System Settings -> System Info
> -> Graphics -> Forced Fallback Mode)

Maybe Fedora could put it in two different session types selectable
from login manager. Or a "Welcome to Gnome 3! Do you want the new not
that common GnomeShell or the good old GnomePanel?"