Re: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

On 11 Jul 2009, at 17:03, Bennet Gedan wrote:

I fully understand and respect this. I think it's kind of a compliment
if users do not debate about the mechanisms, but about polishing the
interface, as this means the interface is pretty usable right now (at
least for me).

And therein lies the potential trap -- I'd wager that most people who've seen or used gnome-shell so far aren't just "users", but developers.

If that's the extent of our target audience, then fine... but otherwise we ought to be looking for validation from a much a wider range of users that the basic ideas are sound, and preferably measurably more efficient than what currently exists, before worrying too much about how snazzy it looks.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team