Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

Dylan McCall wrote:

Someone a while back (I’m sorry, I forget who; lots of messages!)
mentioned that the favourites section and the search box are expected
for people who know what they are looking for, while the application
browser is for discovering new stuff. To me, that makes some sense, so
it would be nice to have the application browser designed in a way that
complements discovering new apps. A design which involves an enormous
one-dimensional list and a scrollbar[1] will not work to that end. It
should be quick to browse, informative, bright and cheerful if possible.
The current design is pretty solid with the description for each app
being displayed clearly.

Vaguely related: that browse menu is not discoverable. Nobody is going
to expect to click an arrow to the side of a title when it is so tiny
and lacks any prelight. The entire header should act as a clickable area
and the arrow should light up when the header is being hovered over.

I agree, the older design where applications were categorized seemed much better to me, I also liked the way it displayed frequently used apps.

The old "More" button was also more discoverable than the current arrow, but I prefer the whole header to be clickable.