Re: Run the Shell as a "real" session?

That is more encouraging--now I get a black screen, cursor & oddly
enough--gkrellm starts in its normal place with the last desktop
background (I use a transparent theme).....So it is closer...my
/usr/share/applications/gnome-shell.desktop looks like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=GNOME Shell
Exec=sh -c "jhbuild -f ~/.jhbuildrc run gnome-shell --replace"
NoDisplay=true
X-GNOME-Provides=panel;windowmanager;
X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase=Panel

No problem with the--Here I meant "desktop file" not "shell script
wrapper"--knew what you were talking about ;-)

I'm so close--yet so far...don't normally do IRC so don't know what
would be the easiest way to talk to RainCT--Would really like to know
his method in more depth-----You have got me most of the way there & I
thank you for that!!!!!

I guess that I can try to get in contact with him--I'll fire up a client
& see if I can talk to him--if you get a chance--could you send him my
Email?

THANK YOU!!!!

Dean

--