Re: Run the Shell as a "real" session?

Hi,

> I had just done a copy/paste for the
> xsession file & I am going to bet the problem is with my applications
> file...I tried it similar to your one, then called the shell
> straight...in all cases the session defaulted to 2.27 default.
RainCT on #gnome-shell managed to get this working in ubuntu by
modifying the shell script wrapper in /usr/share/xsessions such that
its Exec line only has one argument (a shell script).  Apparently, the
ubuntu Xsession file doesn't allow multiple arguments passed to it.

So just create a file: /usr/bin/gnome-shell-session.sh or similar with this in:

#!/bin/sh
exec gnome-session --default-session-key /desktop/gnome/session/shell_session

run chmod +x /usr/bin/gnome-shell-session.sh

and put gnome-shell-session.sh instead of gnome-session
--default-session.... in the xsession desktop file.

--Ray