Re: social networking

Why not take a modular & customisable approach with the shell. It could come preloaded with recent documents etc, but also you could add plugins to it from maybe an integrated plugin explorer.

I'd like to potentially have a gnome-do style search, perhaps 'My Places', my pidgin contacts that are online & my delicious bookmarks. If the plugin development process was simple enough I'd write an analytics plugin so I could at a quick glance see the performance of my sites.

I think for gnome-shell to be really useful it needs to let the user optionally customise it to suit their needs.

- Jimmy