Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 22:08 +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> Corey Burger wrote:

> >> This isn't the default, FWIW. I do agree that making this the default
> >> behavior  would be the best approach- better, IMHO, than a regular
> >> panel applet. I only want to know about power when something bad is
> >> going wrong, which is exactly what the notification area is for. An
> >> applet is all the time, and so is the current default behavior in the
> >> notification area- both of which are broken.
> >>
> >> Luis
> >>

> > I completely disagree. There are a few good reasons why an icon should
> > be displayed all the time
> >
> > 1. What state the battery is in is always relevant. Power is the
> > single most important thing on a laptop. Without it, you are going
> > nowhere. Whether or not it is a notification icon or an applet is a
> > detail I won't comment on.
> >
> Nope. I'm working on a laptop at the moment, and I don't care that my
> battery is fully charged.

I don't understand why you don't care. Usually, AFAIK, batteries have a
longer life if you charge them completely and then discharge them
completely, so at least from my experience, you really care when it's
fully charged so that you can unplug it from AC and start discharging.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>