[gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager
- From: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>
- To: richard hughsie com
- Cc: GnomePowerManager List <gnome-power-manager-list gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager
- Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:29:15 +0800
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 01:47:12PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Since the original announcement mail about gnome-power-manager, we have
> moved the mailing list to gnome.org, are now hosted on gnome.org, and am
> starting to integrate with other parts of the GNOME application stack.
> Lots of new functionality has been added, and lots of polish has been
> applied. See the screenshots area of my website for some cool
> screenshots of the latest stuff in the 2-15 branch.
I would like to see g-p-m fragmented into three parts.
* A daemon with no GTK+ dependance that would be suitable for
* A capplet (this exists today)
* A notification area icon (libnotify dependance goes here)
This would allow us to more easily address integration issues with
GNOME and other desktops and it means that we can aim at avoiding
notification area pollution (because session initialised notification
icons are a violation of all that is good and right).
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118 C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA
] [Thread Prev