Re: Failing sync with treo 650 on Fedora Core 3

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 21:17, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > Then, although it's listening on the right device, I get timeout
> > errors:
>
> 	I recall a situation where I had to hand-edit the timeout
> value in the gnome-pilot configuration file to go higher than the
> default of 100. I set it to 400, and it worked fine. You can't set it
> higher than 100 in the GUI though, it just resets it back to 100. I
> think there was some discussion in the last month or two on this list
> about the timeout value being a problem.

Yes, the timeout problem came down to a bug in pilot-link code: the
supplied timeout value was used as a milliseconds value in one place,
and (correctly) as a seconds value in another place.  This has now been
fixed in pilot-link CVS, but for now the workaround is to use the
maximum 100 value (or higher if you need it, as David reports) if you
have timeout problems.

Matt
--
Matt Davey		I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk	     for SEVEN hours.  Great song.