Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

Le jeu 18/09/2003 à 17:51, Paul M. Bucalo a écrit :
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:05:11 +0200
> Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> graced me with:
>
> <snipped>
>
> > gnome-pilot 0.1.71 was the latest version available at the time we
> > shipped Mdk 9.1 into production.. Unfortunately (I already explain
> > that two days ago on this mailing list), Evolution and gnome-pilot
> > were GNOME 1 applications which were not supported as applets for
> > GNOME 2 (BTW, it was the same problem with Mdk 9.0 too..). Now that
> > Evolution and gnome-pilot has been ported to GNOME 2 platform,
> > everything is more integrated (cf Mandrake 9.2 ..)
>
> You keep saying that "...now that they have been ported to GNOME 2....
>
> WHO has ported it and to what version or O/S? Mandrake for 9.2? Ximian
> for 1.4 or 1.5? Your comment gives no relieve or help.

Evolution and gnome-pilot have been ported to GNOME 2 platform by Ximian
hackers.. Evolution 1.4.5 (soon to be released) and gnome-pilot 2.0.10
should be working without any problem on any GNOME2 system..

> I have installed from Ximian's Web site (using Red-Carpet)*ALL* of the
> necessary files to make my installation complete, including *ALL* the
> Ximian *AND* GNOME applets, apps, conduits,  and library support files.
> I was under the assumption that Evolution 1.4 *was* a GNOME 2
> application. I am not running 1.2.2(4) as came with MDK 9.1, nor am I
> running the original gnome-pilot. The'gnome-pilot' I have installed is
> 'gnome-pilot-2.0.10-0.ximian.6.1'. Are you telling me that all the
> '....-2.0.10-0.ximian.6.1' files are*not* GNOME 2 support files and
> apps?

Then it is not Evolution/gnome-pilot/pilot-link, as shipped by
MandrakeSoft, as part of Mandrake 9.1.. I'm only talking about what *we*
(MandrakeSoft) shipped with our distro, which was tested by myself and
was working when it was sent to production (well, I had to issue a bug
fix for gnome-pilot after 9.1 was out to fix detection for Tungsten T
and faster initial detection at setup).

I have no idea what Ximian packagers did for their packages of Evolution
1.4/gnome-pilot 2.0.x/pilot-link for Mandrake 9.1. But I highly doubt
they worked correctly (except for people running Evolution snapshots),
because stable release of Evolution (1.4.4) is still buggy regarding
pilot synchronisation (this was fixed in CVS and should be fixed in soon
to be released 1.4.5)..

> You have me confused, and maybe others, as well.

I simply stated that gnome-pilot/Evolution as shipped in Mdk 9.1 was
working (with rough edges, due to old Evo 1.2.x). But if people
installed other packages and it breaks, it is not always the fault of
the distro makers..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft