Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:05:11 +0200
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> graced me with:

<snipped>

> gnome-pilot 0.1.71 was the latest version available at the time we
> shipped Mdk 9.1 into production.. Unfortunately (I already explain
> that two days ago on this mailing list), Evolution and gnome-pilot
> were GNOME 1 applications which were not supported as applets for
> GNOME 2 (BTW, it was the same problem with Mdk 9.0 too..). Now that
> Evolution and gnome-pilot has been ported to GNOME 2 platform,
> everything is more integrated (cf Mandrake 9.2 ..)

You keep saying that "...now that they have been ported to GNOME 2....

WHO has ported it and to what version or O/S? Mandrake for 9.2? Ximian
for 1.4 or 1.5? Your comment gives no relieve or help.

I have installed from Ximian's Web site (using Red-Carpet)*ALL* of the
necessary files to make my installation complete, including *ALL* the
Ximian *AND* GNOME applets, apps, conduits,  and library support files.
I was under the assumption that Evolution 1.4 *was* a GNOME 2
application. I am not running 1.2.2(4) as came with MDK 9.1, nor am I
running the original gnome-pilot. The'gnome-pilot' I have installed is
'gnome-pilot-2.0.10-0.ximian.6.1'. Are you telling me that all the
'....-2.0.10-0.ximian.6.1' files are*not* GNOME 2 support files and
apps?

You have me confused, and maybe others, as well.

Paul