Re: SNAFU: Incomplete installs, no conduits available, precompiled packages not working

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 13:02, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> > bash won't let me execute a binary it can't locate for me ;-) And by the
> > way, after installing Jamie's packages, gpilotd lives in /usr/bin again
> > and /usr/libexec is empty.
>
> 	Well, I hope he fixes that to remain current with the upstream
> method, which definately does not put it in /usr/bin. How old are these
> packages?

These packages originate from debian unstable and are backported
(lightly modified to compile) to debian woody.  One of the goals of the
backport is to ensure proper upgrades from the backport to debian
unstable and not introduce unnecessary changes (from a packaging point
of view).

Put simply, when the official debian maintainer puts it in /usr/libexec,
so will I.

Jamie

--
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC