Re: SNAFU: Incomplete installs, no conduits available, precompiled packages not working

> 1) The "make install" for gnome-pilot seems to be incomplete. The file
>    /usr/src/pilot/gnome-pilot-2.0.10/gpilotd/gpilotd (i.e. the freshly
>    compiled daemon itself) is NOT COPIED to /usr/bin. Thus, after make
>    install, there is no gpilotd available on the system. I have to copy it
>    by hand.

	Because it goes in /usr/libexec now, not /usr/bin.

> 2) same for the gpilotd-control-applet which is NOT installed in /usr/bin
>    and is thus not available. The gpilotd-capplet.glade and gnome-palm.png
>    files are NOT copied to /usr/local/share/gnome-pilot/glade. copying
>    these three files where they seem to belong leads to a working
>    gpilotd-control-applet.

	Yes, see above. Are you sure your build was complete? I'm
suspiscious. You know, I _did_ write a HOWTO on this exact process. Check it
out at howto.pilot-link.org.

> 3) Installing the conduits with make install copies them to
>    /usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/, but none of them is displayed inside
>    the control applet, so that they can not be configured.

	Did you use the right prefix when building all of this?

> 4) Installing Evolution leads to a working evo 1.4.5, but neither the
>    gpilot-conduits nor the evo-sync-conduits (calendar, addressbook,
>    notes) show up in the control applet.

	Sounds like your build is fubared.

> gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version ..

	pilot-link version what? This is a clue that your build is
incomplete.

> As mentioned several times in earlier posts, I wonder very much why there
> are only two dots (..) for the pilot-link version instead of 0.11.8....

	Follow the HOWTO, it explains all of this.

d.