Re: Coaster-lib

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 00:30, Sean Harshbarger wrote:
> Yeah I know what you mean. That is the plan. Remember the gui isnt even
> done at all. most of the windows are empty widgets right now. The thing
> that was sugested by another was to maybe use gconf to help fine tune
> the burner...since the lib that being written for it is to be shared to
> other apps then it makes sence to control those details in gconf.
> Another option to add was a command line. So lets say I dont make a
> bootable option. you can goto the command input type in your string hit
> go and it pops up with the status and is burning what you typed. These
> are all ideas and need to be look at on a later date. Once I get to fine
> tuning the gui I will expect a lot of input from this list.

What it also means is that the GUI will expect the same kind of
simplicity from the API point-of-view.

GList *g_coaster_probe_devices (void);

Gets me a GList of devices that contain enough information for me to
create my pop-down, and for the library to know what to do with them.

If the API is complicated, you will end up in the same kind of problems.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net