Re: Coaster-lib

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 19:35, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > If
> > people want to make bootable CDs, leave them to use command-line tools,
> > they already know more than enough for that kind of thing.
>
> I strongly agree with simplification - but if someone whats to burn a
> bootable cd they will not use a command line alternative - they will use
> another burning program. I'm sure adding support for bootable cds cant
> be that complicated.

I agree.
The simplification process isn't so that we have featureless programs.
The simplification process is so that we have feature full programs that
are easy to use.

Personally I have no problem with typing mkisofs -o cd.iso *.mp3 &&
cdrecord -v speed=16 dev=0,0,0 -d cd.iso

Its not really complicated. But I would like a gui to be able to do it,
even though I "already know more than enough for that kind of thing."

iain
--
"Propaganda attains eminence as the one means of mass mobilization which
is cheaper than violence, bribery or other possible control techniques"