Re: Coaster-lib

Mark Finlay wrote:
Would be really cool to select your cd burner in the control center not
in the apps themselves :)

Hi Mark,

Lets say I have an Asus cdrom and a Yamaha burner. The GUI needs to ask me wheter I want to duplicate a CD using only the Yamaha unit or just use Asus to read and Yamaha to write. So if the user needs to select the source of the data, why should the target by in the gnome-control center? Now, get some people with more that one burner :).

I think the right solution here is what gnome cd master does at the moment (version 1.1.6). This is, when the burner gets a CD in, if no burner is selected, it will automatically select it. Then, if you insert a CD into the cdrom, it will autoselect it for reading.

This has to be done still better, because it does not looks if the CD is empty (recordable) and so on. So there is room to improve (as always :).

So, with just one unit the option could be hided, but it will be confusing to show it only sometimes, IMHO.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net

TCPA y Palladium: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398