Re: [gnome-mud] G-M glade branch

Daniel Patton wrote:

Wow, big response :)

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 12:26 +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
Someone should go over the list archives for the last months and see if
there's any patch that we should have in there. For example, we had this
patch to make gnome-mud working in Chinese, but it was a bit scary, and
looked like it would break other things.
Yeah, that Chinese patch look really scary, maybe the rpm spec-file though?
I can handle the spec file for both branches, yeah.

I've been adding to the wiki a bit more, this being one of the those.  I
haven't gone too far back on the list though, there's probably a few
more.  Like I say on the wiki, feel free to add to it.

Regarding 0.11: well, right now it's basically unusable. As far as I
know you can't even connect reliably to muds, right? There have been a
few libgnetwork releases. Dunno if they help at all with that.
I'm going to try to get a gnome-mud compiled on my server and see what's working these days :) Maybe we could release 0.11 from HEAD and release glade-branch as 0.20? Currently I'm unemployed so there might be time.
Well, releasing HEAD as 0.11 doesn't make much sense to me, the changes
in there are very minor to qualify for a new minor release I think.

I'm unsure of exactly how minor you mean, but couldn't we make a 0.10
release anyway, going with Robin's idea of 'patch-versions consist of
bugfixes only'?

Too bad to hear about your unemployment :(
Maybe you can contact the Swedish Conspiracy to see if Imendio is hiring
or something?

There's a Swedish Consipiracy now? Woo!  Sorry to hear that too, Robin,
hope you can find something else soon.
You mean there actually are people in IRC? Cool :)

Heh, yeah, I've been hanging around in there for a while, and jibrael
has been appearing fairly regularly of late.  Anyone else that has been
neglecting it, there's actually people on there now! :)
if i appear on irc enough i might actually even code :P tho i reckon too many web apps have killed my brain :D
but yeah get on irc guys (if u are reading this).

in a nut shell release 0.11 working stable version to get some interest going then get serious about glade branch (0.12?) based off of the stable working 0.11 feature set?

So, get on that wiki and get some ideas in! :)