Re: [gnome-mud] G-M glade branch

Jordi Mallach wrote:
Hi Robin, it's great to hear from you!

You too, even thought I read your blog on planet gnome :)

Yeah, Daniels is trying to get this project moving again. Hopefully :)

Yes, would be really nice to have some movement again :)

Someone should go over the list archives for the last months and see if
there's any patch that we should have in there. For example, we had this
patch to make gnome-mud working in Chinese, but it was a bit scary, and
looked like it would break other things.

Yeah, that Chinese patch look really scary, maybe the rpm spec-file though?

Regarding 0.11: well, right now it's basically unusable. As far as I
know you can't even connect reliably to muds, right? There have been a
few libgnetwork releases. Dunno if they help at all with that.

I'm going to try to get a gnome-mud compiled on my server and see what's working these days :) Maybe we could release 0.11 from HEAD and release glade-branch as 0.20? Currently I'm unemployed so there might be time.

If it can be brought to a minimally usable state that can be released, I
think that could bring some momentum. Right now, everyone who comes into
IRC and asks about the project being dead is directed to the glade
branch and that's the last thing you know about them.

You mean there actually are people in IRC? Cool :)

regards,
	Robin