Re: Some things I think GNOME should improve

2013/4/11 Marco Scannadinari <marco scannadinari co uk>:
I really don't think that someone would want to use two minutes finding
help in an incredibly unintuative location
--
Marco Scannadinari <marco scannadinari co uk>

Why to look for help on an application called "Help" is unintuitive?
And why it is intuitive that it is located on the title bar?

Yes, people do want to spend as less time as it is possible doing a
task. And this include to close the window. I spend much more than two
minutes closing Nautilus. Maybe in a week, maybe in a month. If each
time I need two seconds to do it, I just need to close it 60 times to
be not worth it. But, as I said, this is a task that 100% have to do.
Versus a task that a 5% or less are using (and even that 5% do it just
occasionally). I am not asking for a Desktop Environment done for me.
I am suggesting that I think it would be a Desktop Environment good
for most users. And you can't leave out the fact that most users don't
use that options. And those who do, won't have any problem finding the
new placement.

Just imagine that you buy a new car. But, before you start it, you
have to push a button which asks you something that just few people
use before starting the car. And most of the time they even don't use
it! This has any kind of logic to you?