Re: Some things I think GNOME should improve

On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 01:00 +0200, Les Paul wrote:

People don't want to sit on a computer to solve problems. They want to
get the things done in the easiest way. And if a casual user oriented
application made him to look up a manual, there is something wrong
with it.

We don't make manuals in GNOME. We don't think people should have to
read documentation before starting to use something. We absolutely do
not write documentation that assumes people will read cover to cover.

What we do with our help is try to anticipate user questions and give
succinct answers. That kind of help is only used if users know it's
there and can access it quickly and easily.

I have no idea why a single menu item bothers you so much. But if we
were to bury the help as you suggest, then it might as well not even
exist. Nobody will find it.

--
Shaun