Re: Some things I think GNOME should improve

2013/4/2 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:

The help is already displayed by a separate application. You can see
the list of all installed help by selecting Go -> All Documents.

It sounds like you think apps shouldn't even link to their own help
in their menus? I don't think that's a good idea. And I don't see
why we should always show all the documents.

If I'm looking at the help for Banshee, it's because I want to find
an answer for something. I don't want to spend the day looking at
help. And I don't care about the Evolution help. The primary design
goal for the help is to make it easy to spend as little time as
possible looking at it.

--
Shaun

I just see a few applications there. Tomboy, Banshee and some specific
manuals about network, gconf and so on. On the other hand, I don't see
why Evolution help would bother you while you're looking for Banshee
help. You could add the option to See -> All documents, for those who
bothers them to have that column.

I don't see why you would spend more time this way. In the end, you'd
save time, because you could close the windows without clicking the
window title, looking for "Exit" (which location depends on the
options that had the application) and repeat the proccess again if you
want to close several maximized windows. The point is that exit of an
application (which is something we do constantly) this way is
inefficient, and it is because of options which appear on the window
titles.