Re: Some things I think GNOME should improve

    "Very, very few users are using \"help\" and \"settings\" option"

How do you know this?

    "Gnome Shell has included both on a list on the title bar, that
makes that the field "Exit" changes its position from one application to
another ... \"Exit\" in Nautilus 3.6 is the 8th option, the 2nd option
in Font Viewer, the 7th in Gnome Documents and the 1st one on all
non-gnome applications"

While I think that the exit button should be clearly visible when an app
is fullscrened (eg. next to the app icon), I don't think that it is
inconistent. The Close entry in the appmenu is *always* the last option,
regardless of how far down it it - this is consistent. Having it always
the 1st option would look a bit weird IMO because Quit is prioritised
over About, or Help, for example.

    "applications could be closed easily. Maybe with a double click on
the title bar[?]"

Yeah, I don't think that would work in a usability situation. How would
the user know to do that? Having a close button next to the icon would
be more obvious.

    "Do you need a manual attached to your DVD player permanently? No,
you just need it, just in case. But the manual will go to a drawer full
of other manuals which you won't ever use. And you know where ... [they
all are]."

Software is not like hardware, or a chair, in that you will not need a
manual. Each peice of software is different and is not neccesarily
familiar to each user, so they will probably need a manual or help.
Even if you removed the Help entry from the menubar, there would still
be unused real estate occupied by File, Edit, and so on.
--
Marco Scannadinari <marco scannadinari co uk>