Re: Gnome 3

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 03:51:24PM -0300, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:

> > I don't quite understand your point: we have recommended a long list of
> > supported distributions which support your preferred version of GNOME
> > for the upcoming 6 to 18 months (or more). What else are you looking for?
> >
> > Or maybe we can be more specific: what distribution were you running
> > before trying F15 and why did you upgrade?
>
> Ok I agree with you.  I WAS using archlinux and the distribution
> upgraded to gnome3 without any warning
>
> It is time for me to search for another distribution (gentoo,
> ubuntu...) or other that warns me what is going on....

It seems you would be better served by switching to a desktop
environment that doesn't make dramatic changes.  Maybe XFCE would suit
you better than Gnome?

/M

email: magnus therning org   jabber: magnus therning org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay