Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 86, Issue 5 Item 1

Do you guys from Gnome call that an "evolution"???  may be.. when it
reaches the trust state we had in 2.32...

I spend  a week downloading the 2.32 gnome, and 2 more days installing
it only to
have my notebook usable again.

For God's sake, could you return to a good system as you had before this
terrible thing???
It's a horror to work with this! For one week I could not switch off my
laptop, unless my technician found out how to run down the operating
system.
I WANT MY NICE AND EASY VERSION BACK!

I also have some fedora 15 working and that was enough of a challenge in itself.

Although I am finding my way around this, because of the absence of some 3D drivers (with Intel) it is not very nice.

Gnome should make available the more conventional version 2 so that we can easily install it.

So basically while the gnome team have worked very hard and produced what does look like a very secure and stable desktop, I am finding the serious difficulties with the inflexibility of the system.

fedora 15 does not allow the manual setting of display resolution (reported to Redhat) and I have instances where monitors are not correctly sensed and therefore become unusable. Just why, when we do have an administrator password, are we now denied such abilities?

I could go on, but we are working as a community and we WILL end up with a good system.