Re: First impressions - USER report

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark Galassi's documentation covers this.
> The short answer: eventually "gnome-session" will do this.

Where is this? The READMEs in /usr/doc/gnome-* aren't terribly
informative. I've started browsing through the Help Browser,
but I haven't gotten far.

> Use B3 on the mouse to bring up a menu for any panel applet.  I found
> this intuitive.  Why didn't you?

As an OS/2 user, it should for me, too. But nothing else on Linux has
worked that way, so I didn't expect. I just tried it on the panel and
on Gnome mines, and it didn't work either place.

> The panel automatically saves its state.  You shouldn't have to do
> anything.

Not for me. The panel always starts with one foot on the left and the
calendar. This past time there's a picture of a folder to the right
of it, but it doesn't start gmc, just a smaller menu.

Dale Pontius