Re: First impressions - USER report

Dale> First off, I know GNOME doesn't force a window manager, but it
Dale> sure would be nice if there were a 'suggested' one, perhaps
Dale> preconfigured to work with it.

I agree.  This is already on the to-do list.

Dale> Fourth, things seem a tad slow. I hope this is because of debug
Dale> code and not because of the basic CORBA approach. Perhaps MICO
Dale> needs some tuning?

Can you be more specific about what is slow?

Right now CORBA is only used by the panel applets.  If something else
seems slow, then it is not MICO's fault.

We are getting rid of MICO in the future anyway.

Tom