Re: blogs.gnome.org migration

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Gregory Leblanc
<headmaster albus dumbledore gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Tobias Mueller
> <muelli auftrags-killer org> wrote:
>> On 28.01.2011 13:03, Olav Vitters wrote:
>>> It needs SSL, so dedicated IP address (sort of,
>>> you can share it I heard, but that doesn't work on IE properly..).
>> Didn't know we care about IE. But
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Browsers> lists IE
>> 7 supporting SNI. Hence, we don't need a seperate IP address and can
>> deploy HTTPS everywhere.
>
> I don't think you read that carefully enough.  In particular, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Client_side
>  IE 7 only supports SNI on Windows Vista and newer.  IE on Windows XP
> does not support SNI due to limitations of the TLS stack.
>     Greg

Why bother debating ssl so much? That is beside the point and is
mostly OT for this thread. For stuff that needs ssl, we can just
create subinterfaces (ie: eth0:0) if absolutely necessary and ip them
with a separate ip. This isn't rocket surgery gentlemen.

The only issue is us getting ip addresses to begin with and that is
completely orthogonal to this discussion.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com