Re: blogs.gnome.org migration

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 03:58:01PM -0700, Christer Edwards wrote:
> As I understand it we were going to have dedicated virtual machines
> for the critical web services such as bugzilla and the wiki, and most
> other web services would be spread out on shared servers as vhosts. If
> we do create a VM for blogs.g.o we will allocate our last IP address
> and we'll need to request more.

The discussion with Jeff made me remember that we also have RT3 running
under www.gnome.org. It uses a lot of perl modules and mod_perl. I think
that was another reason we had repositories other than just RHEL+EPEL.
RT3 should use SSL (and does ATM).

For blogs: I don't think it needs a dedicated VM. Shared seems fine, and
I think we should migrate most of the things currently on window to that
shared VM.

For RT3 I am not sure what is best. Ideas?

Olav