Re: blogs.gnome.org migration

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Tobias Mueller
<muelli auftrags-killer org> wrote:
> On 28.01.2011 13:03, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> It needs SSL, so dedicated IP address (sort of,
>> you can share it I heard, but that doesn't work on IE properly..).
> Didn't know we care about IE. But
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Browsers> lists IE
> 7 supporting SNI. Hence, we don't need a seperate IP address and can
> deploy HTTPS everywhere.

I don't think you read that carefully enough.  In particular, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Client_side
  IE 7 only supports SNI on Windows Vista and newer.  IE on Windows XP
does not support SNI due to limitations of the TLS stack.
     Greg