Re: Evolution Express - the conclusion ...

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 14:44 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	Thanks for all your sage feedback on IRC and by mail. Here are my
> conclusions:
>
> 	* api.gnome.org is the right place to host this data
> 		+ projects.gnome.org is going to change soon
> 		+ api is the right place for things that don't change
>
> 	* the amount of data & bandwidth required is trivial in
> 	  comparison to what we have for gnome.org already
> 		+ ergo it doesn't matter which physical machine it is on
> 		+ no real hardware / software re-configuration is needed
>
> 	Ergo,
>
> 	We need git module that can be checked out to a well-known place on
> api.gnome.org, and that (preferably) automagically updates from that git
> module.
>
> 	It would be -great- to have some assistance coming up with a magic path
> and module for this.
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 		Michael.

Michael,

This sounds good.

I talked to fredp briefly this morning in #docs.  I'm going to be away
most of the weekend and next week at the Collab Summit, I'm hoping one
of the sysadmins will be able to help.

* We'll need the git repo set up (let's call it api-web for example)
* You get a checkout in .../git-wd/ then the hook runs a command,
typically ./autogen.sh ; make install
* Then a cron job executes bin/update_sites.py
* /usr/local/www/gnomeweb/etc/website-triggers is the configuration file
and can have api-web added

Paul