Re: Evolution Express - hosting account sniffing ...

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 04:28:40PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 4 - From reading the email, the XML scripts won't change that often, but
> > we need to provide a way for the Evolution developers to update the XML
> > files when needed.
>
> 	Sure - so on this basis, by far the simplest thing to do is just drop
> the files inside the existing project.gnome.org/evolution/ in
> gnomeweb-wml - right ? [ that also has the merit of being quick ;-]

I'm still thinking of a very big overhaul of projects.gnome.org (build
most websites using DOAP). The projects.gnome.org subdomain is not
intended to have stable data for long periods of time. Please do not use
it as such, I wont take it into account.

Anyway, api.gnome.org is not in any module, so solution is to put it
into a module.

We could also put those XML files into DNS (TXT record). That would be
really fast (DNS caching within a provider and customers probably using
mostly the same domains; free email stuff and $PRODIDER.com). Though I
still recommend api.gnome.org website.

Olav