Re: Evolution Express - hosting account sniffing ...

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 09:58 -0500, Paul Cutler wrote:
> 2 - This is a 1kb file that may be downloaded up to every 3 seconds for
> a sustained bandwidth of 355bytes / sec - 2.8kBit

	Based on a theoretical 5 million new users, setting up a new mail
account each per year - which is, I rather suspect, an upper-limit; OTOH
it would be interesting to track the download stats no doubt.

> 3 - There is a valid concern we don't want our main webserver (Window)
> to have to serve this.  api.gnome.org was originally suggested, but that
> lives on Window already

	Really; one small request every few seconds (as an upper bound) is not
a lot; with my (very inexpert) measurement on window I saw:

$ grep '07/Apr' /var/log/httpd/access_log /var/log/httpd/*/access_log | wc -l
4107343

	To which we might hope to add ~15k requests / day, ie. a staggering:

	0.4%

	traffic growth :-) or did I measure something wrong / twice / etc. [ do
we really have 4 million hits / day ? ].

> 4 - From reading the email, the XML scripts won't change that often, but
> we need to provide a way for the Evolution developers to update the XML
> files when needed.

	Sure - so on this basis, by far the simplest thing to do is just drop
the files inside the existing project.gnome.org/evolution/ in
gnomeweb-wml - right ? [ that also has the merit of being quick ;-]

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot