Evolution Express - hosting account sniffing ...

Hi guys,

	Sooo ... we have some new account sniffing code in Evolution; to turn
eg. 'foobaa gmail com' into the relevant account settings for imap,
ports, SMTP etc.

	We are shamelessly borrowing this data from mozilla - which is
problematic, not just because we rely on them, but also they are
-unbelievably- slow to serve a tiny (effectively static) XML file: ~18
seconds for the first try; a chunk of which seems to be DNS resolution:

$ time wget https://live.mozillamessaging.com/autoconfig/gmail.com

	eg.

	Anyhow - of course, this is a screaming nasty bug for Intel (P1 etc.) -
and I was wondering:

	Can we host a set of nearly static, seldom changed XML files for these
guys on http://api.gnome.org/ somewhere ?

	Clearly - it would really help to get that setup quickly :-) Paul - any
ideas ?

	The files we need are currently also installed for off-line use and are
in evolution HEAD git inside:

	evolution/capplet/settings/mail-autoconfig/

	Under 1Mb of disk, of which we would serve sub 1k per user setting up a
new account.

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot